Adrienne Maloof, Paul Nassif reach out of court custody deal
“Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Adrienne Maloof and her estranged husband Dr. Paul Nassif has reportedly reached a custody agreement regarding their three sons.
According to reports, the former couple — who split back in July after plastic surgeon Paul Nassif filed for separation — have already reached an out-of-court custody settlement by sitting down with a mediator and lawyers bashing out a deal.
However, the requests of Paul Nassif for split custody were allegedly not granted, with the majority of custody going to 51-year-old reality star and businesswoman Adrienne Maloof.
A source told media outlet Radar Online, “Adrienne and Paul and their respective lawyers met all day on Friday with a mediator, and they were able to come to a custody agreement.”
“Paul had been requesting 50/50 custody arrangement, and he didn’t get those terms. The boys will be with Adrienne a majority of the time, with Paul being granted visitation and there are layers of protection in the agreement to ensure the boys are in a safe environment.”
Just last month, Adrienne Maloof was granted by a court with temporary restraining order against Paul following her accusations of emotional and physical abuse. There was also a hearing scheduled to make it long term.
“(It) is still on the docket to be heard, and will likely proceed with Adrienne only seeking for it to cover her and won’t include the boys, as it initially had,” the source told Radaronline, adding, “Both Adrienne and Paul worked diligently to reach the custody agreement that was fair and was truly in the best interests of the children.”
The out-of-court deal is said to have come as the couple were previously set to go to a Los Angeles court house this coming Tuesday.
Since the marriage of the former couple broke down, Paul Nassif has been eager to spend more time with his three young children. Meanwhile, Adrienne Maloof has been the primary guardian of the children, with Paul getting minimal visitations with the boys.
At the end of last month, a Los Angeles court granted the plastic surgeon two supervised visits with his three sons, nine-year-old Gavin and six-year-old twins, Christian and Collin.
The ruling came after Paul Nassif made a bid to get his visitation rights reinstated after Adrienne Maloof obtained the temporary restraining order against him, prohibiting him from having any contact with the reality star and their children. However, the judge allowed Nassif two monitored visits on both September 29th and October 6th.
Previous reports have stated that Adrienne Maloof has accused her former husband of abusing their boys, but her claims that Nassif assaulted her children were dismissed by social workers.
The Department of Children and Family Services looked into the “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” personality’s allegations against Paul Nassif, and found that they did not have a solid basis.