Judge says Amanda Bynes doesn’t need to pay $50K bail
On Wednesday, a Beverly Hills judge decided that Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes will not have to fork over $50,000 bail in her driving under the influence case — despite a request from the prosecutors noting that she was subsequently charged with two hit and runs.
According to reports, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elden Fox — who refused the bail amount on the actress — gave a warning to Richard Hutton, Amanda Bynes’ lawyer, that his client whose driving license was suspended on August 25, must not drive.
Previous reports have stated that the actress was cited Sunday morning by the Burbank airport police for driving with a suspended driver’s license. Bynes vehicle, a BMW, was towed from the stop and subsequently impounded.
Her driver’s license was suspended after the police filed two hit-and-run charges against Amanda Bynes earlier this month, in addition to her charges of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Since her license was suspended August 25, Amanda Bynes has been reportedly spotted behind the wheel of her car on multiple occasions. On September 9, she was pulled over by the Los Angeles police, who said they saw her driving with her headlights turned off. At the time, officers did not check her driver’s license and did not cite her.
Back in April 6, the “Hairspray” star was arrested about three in the morning after the police said her black BMW rear-ended a sheriff’s vehicle. Bynes was subsequently charged with driving under the influence after she declined to take a breathalyzer or blood-alcohol test.
Meanwhile on August 4, a motorist told police that a car driven by Amanda Bynes struck and damaged her Toyota on Ventura Boulevard. The driver claimed that the actress stopped for a brief moment only, declared there was no severe damage and then drove off. Police said Bynes failed to provide insurance information or even allow authorities to be called before leaving the scene.
The Nickelodeon star was also involved in an alleged hit and run incident on April 10, authorities said.
The Burbank city attorney’s office said it has not received the case yet, but that Amanda Bynes could face prosecution for driving with a suspended license.
The former “All That” star, who was not required to appear in court Wednesday on her misdemeanor charges, will have her case heard on October 29.