September 6th, 2012 by faye
Robyn Gibson, the former wife of “Braveheart” star Mel Gibson, is walking away from their marriage with a huge sum of money from their divorce.
According to reports, for spending 31 years of being married to Mel Gibson, Robyn Gibson is getting roughly half of everything. Documents filed in the former couple’s case stated that Robyn would be getting the following:
– Half of the Screen Actors Guild pension benefits Mel Gibson accumulated during the 31 years of their marriage.
– A big portion of Mel’s Directors Guild of America pension benefits.
– Half of the 401(k) benefits the actor accumulated through their production company — Icon — during their marriage.
As previous reports have stated, Robyn and Mel Gibson also divided earnings and property — which is roughly estimated at $800 million. Robyn Gibson got roughly half of the money.
“After 31 years of marriage, she deserves it,” Shawna Evans, a divorced mother of three from Oklahoma City, said. “I was married 20 years and didn’t get anything except child support. As a stay-at-home mom, I couldn’t afford the high dollar attorney my ex-husband could.”
Reports said that Robyn Gibson is walking away with so much more than what actress Katie Holmes got from her divorce settlement with Tom Cruise.
July 24th, 2012 by faye
The stepmother of “Braveheart” star Mel Gibson claims that he orchestrated the whole divorce incident of his father from her — and now, she wants the actor to shoulder all her legal bills.
According to reports, Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson filed legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court, asking a judge to make 56-year-old Mel Gibson a party in her divorce proceedings with the actor’s father — Hutton Gibson — who filed for divorce back in June.
The legal docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, states that Mel Gibson not only pushed his father to file for divorce from Teddy Joye Hicks, but also asked her to leave from her marital home too — and has been covering the legal bills of Hutton Gibson. Now, as a result of his alleged involvement, Teddy wants a judge to order Mel Gibson to pay all of her legal costs too, which she estimates will be around $65,000. Teddy said that she already spent $30,000.
Mel’s stepmom also wants a judge to order the actor to let her back into her house. As it was previously reported, Teddy Joye is already seeking a restraining order to refrain Mel Gibson from kicking her out of the house, but that case has not been ruled on as of the moment.
Additionally, Teddy Joy also wants $15,000 a month in spousal support from Hutton Gibson — an expense the actor would most likely be shouldering.
However, the judge in the divorce case declined to rule on Monday, setting another hearing for August. Hutton also filed legal docs saying that Teddy is not entitled to money because she has access to a lot of her own funds.
July 4th, 2012 by faye
The stepmother of Mel Gibson, Teddy Joye Gibson, has filed for a restraining order against the “Braveheart” actor on Monday, claiming that Mel was violent with her.
According to the reports, Teddy Joye Gibson, who married Mel Gibson’s father in 2001, and is now involved in a bitter divorce, filed for a restraining order at the Superior Court in Los Angeles. A hearing has been set for July 25.
“Mel has sunken to new lows over the last year by committing several acts of domestic violence against his 78-year-old stepmother,” stated the court papers.
The petition of Teddy Joye Gibson accuses Mel Gibson of shouting at her after she asked what his preferences were regarding the medical treatments in the care of his 93-year-old father, John Gibson.
As previous reports have stated, John Gibson filed for divorce from Teddy Joye in June, citing irreconcilable differences. When Teddy Joye filed for a restraining order, she stated in the legal docs that she does not know the reason why John Gibson wants to divorce her, and now she wants to talk to him without the presence of Mel Gibson.
In a sworn statement together with the filing, Teddy Joye Gibson claims that there “a lot of questions about (John Gibson’s) filing of divorce against me, and (I) need to speak directly to my husband without Mel’s interference so that I can make sure both he is OK and not being manipulated by Mel or into a course of action he does not wish to take.”
This is the latest addition in the legal actions against Mel Gibson which sheds more light into his anger issues — the first of which was when a California policeman apprehended him in 2006 for drunk driving, then proceeded ranting, which included an anti-semitic statement.
Also recently, Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva were embroiled in a bitter custody battle over their infant daughter, during which telephone messages were released to the media where the 56-year-old actor can be heard yelling at Grigorieva.
Back in March of 2011 Mel Gibson admitted in court that he slapped Grigorieva using an open hand during a heated argument. Mel Gibson then pleaded no contest to domestic violence and was sentenced to three years probation.
April 23rd, 2012 by faye
Actor Mel Gibson is fuming mad at Joe Eszterhas for releasing his rant tape which allegedly happened during a visit in Costa Rica. Now, Mel is seriously considering the option of filing a lawsuit against the screenwriter.
Sources said that the actor believes he has a “basic human right” not to be secretly recorded in his own home. Now, Mel Gibson’s people are looking at the laws of Costa Rica to determine if recording laws were violated, and even if they weren’t, if the right to privacy of the actor was violated by the release of the rant tape.
As previous reports have stated, Joe Eszterhas’ 15-year-old son, Nick, recorded Mel Gibson with his iPhone while he was ranting. Eszterhas also made shocking accusations about Mel Gibson wanting to kill his ex, Oksana Grigorieva, hating Jews, and praising the guy who killed Beatles legend, John Lennon.
The rant tape contains Mel Gibson ranting about Joe Eszterhas lack of progression with “The Maccabees” script. “Why don’t I have a first draft of The Maccabees? What the f–k have you been doing?” Gibson can be heard yelling on the tape. The actor also ranted about her ex, Oksana Grigorieva, shouting: “I am earning money for a filthy little c–ksucker who takes advantage of me!”
Sources said that Mel believes anyone recorded “at their worst moment” would sound awful, and that it’s unfair to trap people in their refuge.
A rep for Mel Gibson said that there will be no comment forthcoming on Joe Eszterhas’ recording, and tha the actor has “nothing more” to say on the matter than his “previously written letter.”
Meanwhile Joe Eszterhas said,”The bottom line is it shows to me he badly needs help. My interest isn’t to damage him with this tape but to prevent damage being done to others, starting with Jews, including Oksana and now, I’m sure, me. I strongly believe that unless he seeks and receives some kind of psychiatric help, someone is going to get hurt.”
April 20th, 2012 by faye
“The Bounty” star Mel Gibson was reportedly caught on tape shouting and ranting during a Costa Rica trip last December.
According to reports, The Wrap obtained the tape from Joe Eszterhas – who was originally tasked with writing the first draft of “The Maccabees.” The screenwriter’s 15-year-old son, Nick, recorded Mel Gibson with his iPhone and was “adamant” that his dad release it to the media. Joe Eszterhas made shocking accusations about Mel Gibson wanting to kill Oksana Grigorieva, hating Jews, and praising the guy who killed Beatles legend, John Lennon.
“Why don’t I have a first draft of The Maccabees? What the f–k have you been doing?” Gibson can be heard yelling on the tape.
A rep for the actor said that there will be no comment forthcoming on Joe Eszterhas‘ recording, and that Mel Gibson has “nothing more” to say on the matter than his “previously written letter.”
The actor’s letter to Joe Eszterhas denied claims that he made the offensive comments he was accused of saying, calling them nothing but “utter fabrications.” Mel Gibson also insisted that there was no ulterior motive behind the delay in making “The Maccabees,” but rather he and the studio simply weren’t happy with Eszterhas’ script.
Meanwhile, Joe Eszterhas had also claimed that Gibson ranted about his ex, Oksana Grigorieva, while they worked together. On the newly released recording, Mel Gibson can be heard shouting, “I am earning money for a filthy little c–ksucker who takes advantage of me!”
Mel can then be heard slamming objects in the house, and then continues screaming, “Who wants to eat? Who the f**k wants to eat? Go have something to eat. Hurraaayyyyy!”
“The bottom line is it shows to me he badly needs help,” Joe Eszterhas says. “My interest isn’t to damage him with this tape but to prevent damage being done to others, starting with Jews, including Oksana and now, I’m sure, me. I strongly believe that unless he seeks and receives some kind of psychiatric help, someone is going to get hurt.”
April 16th, 2012 by faye
“Braveheart” star Mel Gibson fired back at screenwriter Joe Eszterhas who recently said that the actor “hates Jews.” Gibson said that the writer’s accusations of anti-Semitism are nothing but lies and fabrications, and that the real issue is that Eszterhas’ script was terrible.
Previous reports have stated that Joe Eszterhas claims Gibson never meant to bring a compelling version of the Maccabee story to the screen, but was simply doing the film for the sake of looking as though he had nothing against Jews, as well as in hopes of saving his pummelling career.
In response, Mel Gibson penned a letter of his own, in which he states, “I will say that the great majority of the facts as well as the statements and actions attributed to me in your letter are utter fabrications.”
The 56-year-old actor acknowledged that he recently lost his cool with Joe Eszterhas during a conversation about the movie they are working on, saying, “I did react more strongly than I should have,” then proceeded explaining, “I promptly sent you a written apology, the colorful words of which you apparently now find offensive. Let me now clearly apologize to you and your family in the simplest of terms.”
Mel Gibson went on detailing his frustrations with Joe Eszterhas: “Not only was the script delivered later than you promised, both Warner Brothers and I were extraordinarily disappointed with the draft. In 25 years of script development I have never seen a more substandard first draft or a more significant waste of time.”
In his letter, Mel Gibson never specifically addressed the writer’s claim that he “hates Jews” or made anti-Semitic statements.
As for Joe Eszterhas’ claim that he wanted to get back in the good graces of the Jews, Mel Gibson said: “Contrary to your assertion that I was only developing Maccabees to burnish my tarnished reputation, I have been working on this project for over 10 years and it was publicly announced 8 years ago.”
And finally, the parting words of Mel Gibson to Joe Eszterhas were “I think that we can agree that this should be our last communication.”
April 16th, 2012 by faye
Hungarian-American writer Joe Eszterhas slammed actor Mel Gibson, claiming that Gibson is sabotaging efforts to make a movie about Jewish biblical hero, Judah Maccabee, because he “hates Jews.”
According to reports, the 67-year-old writer has been working with Mel Gibson on the project together, when suddenly Warner Bros. decided to stop the production without an apparent reason. However, the root of the problem was revealed in a lengthy letter obtained by TheWrap.com, saying that Mel Gibson and Joe Eszterhas has long been feuding with each other.
In the nine-page letter, Joe Eszterhas came to a conclusion that Mel Gibson never meant to bring a compelling version of the Maccabee story to the screen, but was simply doing the film to make it look as though he had nothing against Jews in hopes of saving his flailing career.
When Mel Gibson stopped responding to Joe Ezsterhas, the “Basic Instinct” screenwriter realized he had had enough. “I’ve come to the conclusion that the reason you won’t make ‘The Maccabees’ is the ugliest possible one,” Eszterhas writes. “You hate Jews.”
Joe Eszterhas’ letter also stated, “You [Mel Gibson] continually called Jews ‘Hebes’ and ‘oven-dodgers’ and ‘Jewboys.’ It seemed that most times when we discussed someone, you asked ‘He’s a Hebe, isn’t he?’ You said most ‘gatekeepers’ of American companies were ‘Hebes’ who ‘controlled their bosses.’”
Joe Eszterhas adds, “You said the Holocaust was ‘mostly a lot of horses**t.’ You said the Torah made reference to the sacrifice of Christian babies and infants. When I told you that you were confusing the Torah with The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, … you insisted ‘it’s in the Torah — it’s in there!’ (It isn’t).”
“You were raving at Oksana even after you’d reached a custody agreement over Luci. And then you were even more explicit about your threat,” Joe Eszterhas went on. “‘I’m going to kill her! I’m going to have her killed!’ You said you’d become friends with two FBI agents (or former FBI agents) and they were going to help you kill her.”
Meanwhile, Mel Gibson responded to Eszterhas’ letter and denied all of his accusations. The actor made a letter himself addressed to Joe Eszterhas which reads, “I have your letter. I am not going to respond to it line by line, but I will say that the great majority of the facts as well as the statements and actions attributed to me in your letter are utter fabrications.” He added, “I would have thought that a man of principle, as you purport to be, would have withdrawn from the project regardless of the money if you truly believed me to be the person you describe in your letter. I guess you only had a problem with me after Warner Brothers rejected your script.”
February 16th, 2012 by faye
The deal has been done, and the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Dept. deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for drunken driving and Jewish discrimination has finally reached a settlement deal with the lawsuit he filed against ‘Braveheart’ actor, Mel Gibson as well as the Los Angeles County.
The attorneys of James Mee, the arresting officer of Mel Gibson for drunk driving, said a $50,000 settlement was reached and must be approved by a county claims board. However, a trial scheduled to commence this week has been cancelled.
The Jewish discrimination case James Mee filed against Mel Gibson and the Los Angeles County all started when Mel Gibson was pulled over and arrested by Jewish officer James Mee for suspicion of drunk driving in Malibu back in summer of 2006. After Mel Gibson threatened James Mee many times, he asked him, “Are you a Jew?” and said that Jews were the one to blame for “all the wars in the world.” A subsequent lengthy investigation cleared James Mee of allegations of giving arrest information to TMZ, which James Mee claims prevented him from being promoted in the job.
Ever since the Jewish discrimination case reached media and Hollywood, Mel Gibson has been a social outcast in Hollywood. The incident wreaked havoc in the reputation of Mel Gibson, and the hateful attack against officer James Mee was already carved in the minds of moviegoers and studios. A Los Angeles judge, while showing some doubt James Mee can successfully pursue the claim, believes there is sufficient evidence for the Jewish discrimination case to be heard by a jury.
Etan Lorant, attorney of James Mee said, “Deputy Mee did not file his lawsuit for money, but he filed his lawsuit for the principle of what happened to him and he strongly believed in his case.”
Sheriff Lee Baca’s spokesman, Steve Whitmore, said the department acknowledged no wrongdoing in the settlement. Moreover, he continued, “The sheriff has no issues with the settlement. It was purely a business decision.”
Yael Trock, another attorney of James Mee said, “Mel Gibson is not the issue here. The issue is that the department mistreated Deputy Mee, who dared to arrest Mel Gibson and treated him like any other person. Deputy Mee loved and still loves being a sheriff’s deputy. All he wants to do is to put his employment dispute behind him and go back to his work protecting the public.”
Mel Gibson expressed his apology for his misconduct, and his conviction was expunged in 2009 after he completed all the terms of his sentence.