May 28th, 2012 by edsel
Love hurts for Terrence Howard. Already facing a bitter divorce from his estranged second wife, he also got punched in the face by an furious ex-girlfriend.
According to Perez Hilton, the ‘Iron Man’ star called the cops to Howard’s Pennsylvania home at 11pm on May 6. Howard stated that his ex-girlfriend May Seng Yang arrived at his doorstep and rang the doorbell.
Eyewitness News reported that the police report said that Howard’s new girlfriend met Yang at the gated driveway. Terrence Howard said that he did not emerge until he heard a loud noise. Concerned that the neighbors would be annoyed by the disturbance, the ‘Iron Man’ actor finally emerged with the hope to calm Yang down and send her on her way.
The police report continued that when the gate opened, Yang attacked Terrence Howard and hit him in the face. Police stated Howard’s nose showed signs of swelling.
May Seng Yang has been charged with simple assault, defying criminal trespassing, harassment and disorderly conduct. She and her attorney denied the allegations made by Terrence Howard. Yang’s attorney, John McAuliffe, pointed out that his client was 5’1″ and 110 pounds while Howard was 6’2” and close to 200 pounds.
McAuliffe also said that Yang was the one attacked. “She, as many women in that type of situation,” he explained, “Wanted to know where this was headed, where they were going.” He then claimed that Terrence Howard “strung her along.”
However, Howard’s new girlfriend happened to be by his side when May Seng Yang reportedly attacked him. She spoke on behalf of the ‘Iron Man’ star, and police reports favored Howard’s side of the story.
May Seng Yang has been arrested for the aforementioned charges. She is due in court this June.
Howard’s second wife, Michelle Ghent, filed for divorce last year. An earlier report by Perez Hilton stated that Terrence Howard accused her of being a conniving racist, while Ghent in turn accused him of a history of domestic violence.
April 27th, 2012 by faye
“Hustle & Flow” star Terrence Howard finally settled the lawsuit filed against him by his former manager, Victoria Fredrick, for unpaid commissions.
Amidst his bitter legal battle with allegedly racist wife, 43-year-old Howard has ended his other legal dispute with ex-manager Victoria. Previous reports stated that Victoria Fredrick sued the actor last year, claiming Terrence Howard owed her a grand total of $137,500 for all the work she did while he starred in “Winnie” and “Fightin,” with which the actor reportedly earned $2.75 million.
Victoria Fredrick also claimed in her lawsuit that Terrence Howard owed her residuals from some of his biggest movies, including “Hustle & Flow,” “Get Rich or Die Tryin,” “Iron Man,” and over 100 future movies not even made yet.
Terrence Howard angrily responded to Victoria Fredrick, claiming that she was merely a “personal manager” as she answered phones and ran errands for him. The actor also claims Victoria did not help make his movie career prosper, or have a stake in future projects.
Terrence Howard added that he paid Victoria Fredrick sufficiently while he employed her, which included some commission, but any money demands she made beyond that were BS.
The case has been dismissed last week after both parties settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.
March 30th, 2012 by faye
“The Ledge” star Terrence Howard is firing back at his estranged wife, Michelle Ghent Howard by filing charges against her. Terrence claims that Michelle is extorting him, and he says he has an audio tape as proof.
According to reports, 43-year-old Terrence Howard and his lawyer filed the crime report at the Los Angeles Police Department on Monday, claiming Michelle Ghent Howard is squarely demanding money from him, in return for not making a Terrence sex tape and other embarrassing things public.
The former couple is still in a bitter divorce battle. Among many things, the actor claims his soon-to-be-ex-wife is a racist, who even threatened to have him killed by the Russians.
The LAPD had no official comment about the police report filed by Terrence Howard, but sources say the cops are in possession of the audio tape and they are investigating the extortion claim.
February 23rd, 2012 by faye
It seems like the on-going divorce of actor Terrence Howard and his soon-to-be-ex-wife is getting uglier. Los Angeles Superior Court has now ordered the ‘Four Brothers’ star to shell out an amount of $50, 000 for the expenses of ex-wife Michelle Ghent Howard until they hammer out a long-term arrangement, as well as to keep up her car payment when the ex-lovers meet again in court in April.
The actor’s camp claims that Terrence Howard was low on cash and that his ex-wife, Michelle Ghent Howard is ruining his career and reputation due to her allegations of mistreatment, but apparently the judge was not convinced. According to Michelle’s attorney, Karen Donahoe, Howard owns two houses, an apartment and is maintaining a $76,000-a-month lifestyle after raking in $2.6 million in his acting career.
But Christian Markey, attorney of Terrence Howard, countered in court that Michelle Ghent Howard has more money than her husband at this point. “He hasn’t had a paycheck, and no job offers. And he only has $20,000 in cash. She’s got more money and he’s got less money,” Markey said.
The former couple got married in January 2010, but Michelle filed for divorce a year later. Afterwards, she obtained a temporary restraining order against Terrence in December and the actor fired back that his ex-wife once yelled at him that she “never wanted to marry a n—-r in the first place.”
An evidentiary hearing is scheduled in April 23. Until then, Terrence Howard is responsible for paying Michelle Ghent an amount of $50, 000 which breaks down to the following: $1,800 a month for Ghent’s Range Rover car payments, $20,000 for her attorney fees, $20,000 for accountant fees and $10,000 in spousal support.
In the past, Terrence Howard has accused Michelle Ghent Howard of often calling him degrading terms, attempting to extort him, and threatening to have him killed by “The Russians.” On the other hand, Michelle claims that Terrence brutally assaulted her often during their marriage.
February 21st, 2012 by faye
It seems like someone is impeding the career of actor Terrence Howard – and that someone is his ex- wife, Howard says. Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard says he can’t get back to his acting career because everyone is afraid to hire him after his estranged wife, Michelle Howard, claims Terrence Howard violently abused her.
According to the documents of the bitter divorce of the two ex-lovers, Michelle Howard has accused Terrence of smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring, slugging her in the face and neck and threatening to throw her off a balcony, among other things that Terrence Howard has allegedly done to his ex-spouse. The 42-year-old Terrence has denied all the allegations from Michelle Howard, but he says, “I am gravely concerned that her actions have had an incredibly negative effect on my career and my ability to obtain future work as an actor.”
Jim Roth, agent of Terrence Howard and husband of Reese Witherspoon, submitted a declaration in which he says Terrence has not received any “suitable offers” since his ex-wife Michelle Howard made the allegations. The ‘Iron Man’ actor only pulled in $60,000 for his last project which ended in September.
Howard starred in a number of films including Mr. Holland’s Opus, wherein he had his first major role. Some other films Terrence Howard appeared in are Big Momma’s House, Hart’s War, Hustle and Flow, Four Brothers, and his most current one, The Ledge and Winnie.