September 17th, 2012 by faye
“Liz & Dick” star Lindsay Lohan is reportedly baffled by former child star Amanda Bynes’ series of legal troubles — which has so far, gone unpunished.
As previous reports have stated, 26-year-old Amanda Bynes — whose car finally got impounded on Sunday after she was pulled over while driving on a suspended license — has had a long series of legal troubles on the road this year, which includes a driving under the influence arrest and two separate hit-and-run charges.
But so far, the “Hairspray” actress has remained out of jail (even as her car gets impounded), a fact that seems to confuse Lindsay Lohan. whose own legal dilemmas have been well documented in several media outlets.
Late Sunday, “Herbie: Fully Loaded” star Lindsay Lohan took to Twitter to air out her sentiments, writing: “Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far?”
While Lohan did not mention Amanda Bynes by her name, the implication is quite clear.
Reports have stated that Bynes has been charged with crimes, including DUIs and hit-and-run, and she is scheduled to appear in court soon.
July 25th, 2012 by faye
The Jackson family is at odds with each other, and the mother of the late King of Pop is caught in the middle of the fight.
According to reports, a dispute over the $500 million will and custody of Michael Jackson’s three kids resulted in an alleged “kidnapping” of his 82-year-old mother last week, and a violent argument between Paris Jackson and Janet Jackson. Katherine Jackson reportedly went missing, but the latest reports said that she was taken to a spa in Arizona by her daughter, Janet.
Katherine Jackson has not contacted the kids of Michael Jackson yet as well as her son, Jermaine, saying that she has been denied access to use phones to ensure her “well being.”
Paris Jackson, the 14-year-old daughter of Michael Jackson is angry over the way her grandmother was treated. She took to Twitter to air out her grievances, writing, “9 days and counting … so help me god i will make whoever did this pay.”
Paris and her brothers Blanket and Prince have been placed under their grandmother’s care when their father, Michael Jackson, passed away. They live in Katherine’s grand home in Calabasas, California.
Media outlet TMZ reported that Tito Jackson is reportedly seeking temporary custody of the three children because he believes that Katherine is being held against her will.
The administrators of the Michael Jackson Estate have also spoken about the Jackson family feud and aired out their concern for Michael’s children and mother. In a letter posted online addressed to the King of Pop fans, executors John McClain and John Branca said, “We are concerned that we do what we can to protect them from undue influences, bullying, greed, and other unfortunate circumstances.”
The letter was reportedly posted just hours after the authorities responded to a family disturbance at Katherine’s California home. While no arrests have been made, officials said that there is an active “battery” investigation.
It was said that Michael Jackson did not leave anything in his will to his father or siblings, who constantly tried to intervene in the estate.
Sandra Ribera, a lawyer for Katherine Jackson, said that the cops were called after the children of Michael were approached for a conversation by relatives who followed them into their gated community.
“After exiting their vehicles, Jackson family members ran up to Michael’s children as they yelled and began to aggressively grab at the cell phones in their hands,” Ms Ribera wrote in a statement.
Ribera and officials have not identified yet who was involved in the alleged melee, but a video footage appears to show Jermaine, Randy and Janet in the driveway of the home. Media outlet TMZ reported that Janet Jackson hit Paris and called her a “spoiled little bitch.” Paris retorted by slapping back Janet and telling her, “This is our house. Not the Jackson family house. Get the f*** out!”
Ribera claims that “a plan has been in place for the last three years to remove Katherine Jackson from her home and her beloved grandchildren”.
The authorities interviewed Katherine Jackson after a family business associate gave warning to the police that she may possibly be emotionally abused by a Jackson family member. They said Michael’s mother denied the accusations emphatically, but the investigators were still looking into claims that Katherine is the subject of financial abuse.
The estate, along with Katherine Jackson’s guardianship of the singer’s children are supervised by a probate judge. The judge received a financial summary recently, showing that Michael Jackson’s estate has earned $US475 million ($465 million) in gross profits since his passing, and several of his major debts have either been resolved or are no longer delinquent. The Michael Jackson estate said it plans to closely monitor the well-being of Katherine and her grandchildren.
“While we do not have standing to directly intervene, we have monitored the situation and will continue to do so,” wrote Mr Branca, a lawyer, and Mr McClain, a music executive. They added, “We believe measures are being put in place that will help protect them from what they are having to deal with.”
June 25th, 2012 by edsel
The “news photographer” whom Alec Baldwin allegedly socked had already talked to police and prosecutors about the actor’s “assault” on him.
According to Gossip Cop, the New York Daily News photographer who ran into -or, according to the photographer, backed away from- the irate Alec Baldwin on Tuesday appeared on ‘Good Morning America’ this Thursday. Marcus Santos said that he already talked to detectives and prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office for two hours.
Santos was accompanied by his attorney when he asserted that Alec Baldwin “threw a punch” at him. Marcus Santos claimed that he moved back to soften the blow, which still supposedly hit him on the chin.
His lawyer informed ‘Good Morning America’ that his client met with prosectors in the Manhattan D.A.’s office. According to Santos’ lawyer, Santos “wants justice.” He wanted “Baldwin to be held accountable” for “assault.”
Gossip Cop reported that Marcus Santos identified himself to be a “news photographer,” not a celebrity photographer a.k.a. paparazzo. The Daily News staffer stated that he didn’t ordinarily photograph celebrities (which may explain why he didn’t know any better than to take photos of the notoriously hot-tempered Alec Baldwin.) Santos explained that his bosses called him off one assignment and asked to shoot Baldwin.
“I have nothing to say to him,” Santos said when asked if he wanted to say anything to Baldwin. “I’m just feeling so embarrassed for what he did to me,” he claimed.
“I like to take picture[s],” Marcus Santos added. What he wanted was “my picture[s] be on the front page — not me on the front page,” he clarified. “I don’t want to be a part of the news,” he said.
Alec Baldwin had claimed that he didn’t punch Santos.
June 7th, 2012 by faye
Justin Blackmon, wide receiver of the Jacksonville Jaguars pleaded “not guilty” in court yesterday after he was arrested last weekend due to suspected drunk driving.
As previous reports have stated, Blackmon was pulled over by police officers early Sunday morning in Stillwater, Oklahoma for driving 60mph in a 35, and even swerving into oncoming traffic. When a police officer approached the vehicle of the football player, he detected the smell of booze. The arresting officer also added that Justin Blackmon had red, watery eyes and admitted to having drinks before getting behind the wheel.
As a standard procedure, the cop administered a field sobriety test, and when Justin Blackmon failed the test, he was placed under arrest for drunk driving. When the football star got back to the police station, he blew a .24 on the breathalyzer — three times the legal limit.
Justin Blackmon is currently free after giving a $1,000 bond. His next court date is on July 24.
Blackmon was recently drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars, but he still has not signed with the team.
Payne County District Attorney Tom Lee said that Justin Blackmon will not be able to make a plea for a lesser charge. Lee added that the Oklahoma law requires people who score 0.15 or higher on a breathalyzer test to be charged with aggravated drunk driving.The D.A said that Blackmon will either accept the charges for aggravated driving or will face trial.
May 21st, 2012 by edsel
According to a new lawsuit filed against Wayne Newton, Mr. Las Vegas is an “obnoxious” sexual deviant – oh, and he’s also guilty of breach of contract and fraud.
TMZ reported the breaking news that 70-year-old singer is under legal siege by a former business partner. Newton’s ex-partner claims he spent millions to turn the singer’s Las Vegas mansion into a museum – only for Newton to block his efforts.
The legal documents accused Wayne Newton and his family of breach of contract through interfering with his ex-business partner’s development plans.
The Newtons reportedly prevented his ex-partner’s planned construction by refusing to vacate the mansion, by leaving his horses and dogs -described by the ex-partner to be “vicious”- on the Las Vegas property, and by refusing to turn over memorabilia that the planned museum needed for operation.
And the most shocking accusation, reported TMZ, was the ex-partner’s claim that the Las Vegas icon acted “so sexually reprehensible and intimidating” with a young female worker that the girl first quit, then threatened to sue him.
The lawsuit alleges that Wayne Newton “engaged in obnoxious sexual behavior” by subjecting the girl to numerous “wet, sloppy, and disgusting” kisses that were “clearly of a sexual nature.” The girl “had to brace herself every time she saw him for this inevitable assault.”
The ex-partner is reportedly suing Wayne Newton for breach of contract and fraud, and has not specified damages. Meanwhile, the girl mentioned in the lawsuit has yet to take her own legal action.
May 17th, 2012 by edsel
John Doe No. 1-the unnamed masseur who started a rash of sexual assault and battery cases filed against actor John Travolta- has officially moved to dismiss his case.
E! News obtained the notice of dismissal, which was filed on Tuesday in U.S. District Court.
The anonymous masseur ignited a firestorm of headlines and inspired at least three other accusers to file their own cases. However, John Doe No. 1 was also criticized for his extremely graphic filing and for contradicting his story.
In his graphic accusations, the first John Doe stated that John Travolta allegedly sexually assaulted him on Jan. 16. But his credibility soon took a devastating blow when he released a personal statement admitting that he may have put in the wrong date in his legal filing. He also admitted that the alleged incident might not have taken place at the time he stated.
E! News noted that John Travolta still faces an uphill legal battle. Attorney Okorie Okorocha has already dismissed the first John Doe as a client. And the notice of dismissal made no mention of John Doe No. 2, his fellow masseur from Atlanta whom Okorocha is still presumably representing.
John Doe No. 2 wants John Travolta to pay him $2 million in damages for alleged sexual assault and battery during a massage session. Travolta’s attorney, Marty Singer, has fiercely denied the accusations John Doe #2 leveled at his client.
March 20th, 2012 by faye
Actress Brooke Mueller will not be serving time behind bars as she will cop a plea on Monday for her drug possession case last year.
As previous reports have stated, 34-year-old Mueller was busted by the police in December and charged with felony possession of cocaine under four grams with intent to distribute, as well as misdemeanor assault of a woman in a bar where the actress was. TMZ has reported that Brooke will plead guilty to her drug possession case and her other charges will be dismissed. The ex-wife of Charlie Sheen will not get any jail time – instead, she will be placed on a 12-month probation.
According to some sources, one of the reasons the District Attorney agreed to a plea bargain to her drug possession case is because Brooke Mueller was in an intensive rehabilitation program after her previous arrest. The prosecutor, Chief Deputy D.A. Arnold Mordkin, declined to comment on or confirm the plea, but said, “We are treating Ms. Mueller no differently than any other defendant.”
Yale Galanter, Mueller’s lawyer, had been in talks with the D.A. discussing the proposition of a delayed prosecution. Galanter also successfully kept Charlie Sheen out of jail in 2009 during his Aspen domestic violence case when he assaulted Brooke Mueller.
The “Witchhouse” actress is due in court on April 2 for a plea hearing of her drug possession case.
Prosecutors had filed one count against Brooke Mueller for cocaine possession – which can carry a sentence of up to six years in jail. In addition to that, the mother-of-two was also charged with assaulting a woman during the evening of her arrest.
The actress’ troubles began when Brooke Mueller was arrested for assault and drug dealing last December after a night spent clubbing in Aspen, Colorado. She ended up being arrested by police on assault charges, and when searched they claimed she was in possession of a large amount of cocaine.
The “World According to Paris” star married Charlie Sheen in May 2008, and gave birth to their twin sons Max and Bob in 2009. However, their relationship didn’t turn well, and Sheen was arrested at their house in the ski resort of Aspen, Colorado, for assaulting Mueller that December.
Charlie Sheen filed for divorce from Brooke Mueller in November 2010, and was finalized last May.
March 7th, 2012 by faye
Former New York Mets outfielder Lenny Dykstra has been sentenced to three years in the California state prison after pleading no contest to his grand theft auto case and providing a false financial statement.
Washington Post reports, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Cynthia Ulfig sentenced Dykstra after prohibiting him to withdraw his plea for the grand theft auto case and said the scam to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships by providing fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business showed sophistication and extensive planning.
“He obviously didn’t have the money to get the vehicles,” Judge Ulfig said. “His conduct was indeed criminal.”
In his impassioned plea for probation, 49-year-old Lenny Dykstra said he has tried to make amends for his past misbehavior and said he would be cleared of any wrongdoing, had his motion to withdraw his plea been granted. “I’m doing everything in my power to be a better person,” Dykstra said.
Following the hearing, his defense attorney Andrew Flier said Lenny Dykstra was singled out because he’s a celebrity. “No way this wasn’t a probationary case,” Flier noted. “To give him state prison is outrageous. I find it disgusting.”
Dykstra initially pleaded not guilty to 25 counts after police arrested him and found cocaine, Ecstasy and synthetic human growth hormone at his Los Angeles home last April. The former baseball legend changed his plea in October to no contest. In exchange, prosecutors dropped 21 counts against him. Prosecutors said Dykstra and his accountant, Robert Hymers, provided information at two dealerships from a man they claimed was a co-signer but who had not authorized his name to be used. The said leases were not approved.
However, at another auto dealer, Lenny Dykstra, Hymers and Christopher Gavanis, a friend of Dykstra’s, were able to drive off with three cars by providing false information to the dealer. Hymers and Gavanis have entered no contest pleas as well and are awaiting sentencing.
In arguing for the maximum four-year sentence on his grand theft auto case, Deputy District Attorney Alexander Karkanen said Lenny Dykstra has used his charm and celebrity status to his advantage in order to get what he wants and has never been accountable for his actions. “I’m glad Lenny Dykstra has been held responsible for his behavior,” Karkanen said outside of court. “This is a first for him.”
Aside from his grand theft auto case, Lenny Dykstra still faces federal bankruptcy charges and is scheduled to stand trial this summer. The former baseball legend filed for bankruptcy a few years ago, claiming he owed more than $31 million and had only $50,000 in assets. According to federal prosecutors that after filing, Dykstra hid, sold or destroyed more than $400,000 worth of items from the $18.5 million mansion without permission of a bankruptcy trustee. The former New York Mets member Dykstra also pleaded not guilty to indecent exposure charges for allegedly exposing himself to women he met on Craigslist.
Lenny Dykstra said he didn’t deserve to be behind the bars of prison on trumped-up charges and said he wasn’t able to go to the funeral of his mother who died while he was locked up awaiting trial. Dykstra noted that he chose to go into a drug rehab center, volunteers his time with a college baseball team and has paid nearly $20 million in taxes.
“I do have remorse for some of the things I’ve done,” baseball star Lenny Dykstra said. “But because I wasn’t a perfect person am I a criminal? Everyone wants to make me out to be a monster.”