March 22nd, 2012 by faye
Constance Francesca Hilton, daughter of stage film and TV actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, is currently seeking conservatorship so she could have the power to make decisions about the medical condition of her mother. Reports says Hilton claims her mom had been “increasingly isolated” and “heavily sedated” by her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt.
On Tuesday, Constance Francesca Hilton submitted a petition in Los Angeles Superior Court requesting a conservatorship be appointed for the 95-year-old Zsa Zsa Gabor. Hilton’s lawyer, Kenneth Kossoff said that his client took the legal action to ensure Gabor gets the proper medical care while also protecting her finances.
“What Ms. Hilton is seeking here is for the court to make sure that Zsa Zsa’s best interests are not being sacrificed for the selfish interests of anyone involved in Zsa Zsa’s life,” Kossoff said.
As per the filing of legal docs, Constance Francesca Hilton is accusing von Anhalt of restricting access to Zsa Zsa Gabor in the wake of her debilitating health and the actress, who broke her hip in a fall back in July 2010 and had her right leg amputated a year ago due to gangrene, is suffering as a result.
“My mother’s husband has increasingly isolated my mother from others who have been close to her,” Hilton said in court papers. “Before she broke her hip, my mother and I spoke several times every day. Since she broke her hip, her husband has removed the telephone that used to be by her bed.”
The petition states that during two visits back in November and February, Zsa Zsa Gabor, who’s confined to a bed, appeared “heavily sedated” and had “remnants of some bed sores” and “lesions” on her face. Constance Francesca Hilton also claims that her mother can’t feed herself or direct the preparation of food; can’t dress herself, and “is unable to understand the medical treatment options available to her.”
“I also believe that my mother now may suffer from a loss of intellectual and emotional faculties, which may be induced by the medication my mother is being given,” Hilton said.
According to the docs, Hilton also raised issue with Prince Frederic von Anhalt taking out a loan against the “Boys’ Night Out” star’s $10 million Bel-Air estate, despite the fact the property is now in foreclosure after he failed to keep up with the mortgage payments of Zsa Zsa Gabor. Constance Francesca Hilton also noted that the couple have a premarital agreement and “never allowed her husband to access her funds.”
Hilton’s petition wants Gabor to be evaluated by “competent and independent medical professionals” to make sure she’s being properly cared for.”